Technology Service Director
Lionhead is looking for a strongly technical, high energy & charisma individual to direct, grow & manage our strategic software vision and the engineering teams delivering it.
- Advanced understanding of C/C++ (extensive and proven industry experience)
- Thorough understanding of C# (proven industry experience)
- Broad scope of knowledge & applied or observed experience around
- Low-level game engine architecture.
- Service backend and scalability
- Service scalability * Big Data storage and processing
- Build systems
- Build release management
- Ability to take on an existing codebase and come up to speed quickly
- Experience with Perforce, TFS, Git, Mercurial or similar.
- Solid experience with test driven development, continuous integration and build systems like Jenkins or TeamCity.
Lionhead Studios is seeking an experienced and passionate Services Developer to join us as a key contributor on our new exciting title Fable Legends.
The ideal candidate is someone who has proven experience in designing and implementing services for highly concurrent and highly available social online game experiences, ideally in a cloud based environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of full development cycle for a complex service architecture
- C# programming and debugging skills utilising the latest .NET technologies
- Service design and implementation in MVC or WebAPI
- Good understanding of TPL, Rx and async/await
- Advocate for TDD and SOLID development methodologies
- Proactive, ambitious, enthusiastic and with great communication skills
- Proven ability in technical and architectural design
- Strong understanding of Agile/SCRUM discipline
- Ability to work in a creative lead organisation
- An appetite for the industry and staying abreast of latest developments and technologies
- A passion for computer gaming